- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup AP flour (I use White Lily)
- 3 cups whole milk
- pinch salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1-2 smoked garlic cloves, mashed. You can sub fresh garlic but mince very fine.
- Brown sausage over medium-high heat in skillet, do not drain.
- Add butter to pan and stir.
- Add smoked garlic and mince up well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Sift flour over sausage and stir for 1-2 minutes, until well incorporated.
- Pour milk into sausage and whisk well. As milk heats be sure to whisk “burnt bits” from the bottom into the mixture, as this adds flavor.
- Reduce heat to medium-low until thickened to desired texture.
- Serve over biscuits and enjoy!