- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 3 cloves smoked garlic, use fine minced if fresh
- 1/2 grated Asian pear or apple
- 1/2 grated small sweet onion
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2” fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Heart & Seoul seasoning (available at RhodyPepper.com). This can be omitted.
- 1-2 lbs beef flanken ribs
- Combine all ingredients except ribs in a gallon zip container or air tight container.
- Add ribs and marinate for at least 2 hours but not more than 12 hours.
- Grill on high heat on both sides until internal temperature reaches 170*. Over hot coals, this will be fast.